Monday, February 11, 2008

Temporary Exhibit: Millennium Park [Museum of Modern Ice / Painting Below Zero - by Gordon Holloran]






Museum of Modern ice
the U.S. debut of Canadian artist Gordon Halloran’s work. He calls is Painting Below Zero. The ice wall is 95 feet long and nearly 12 feet tall.
Temporary Exhibit: Display from Feb 1 to feb 29, 2008.
Location: Chase Promenade at The Millennium Park, behind the Cloud Gate.. [and also within the ice skating rink]
Halloran’s ice paintings uses portable refrigeration technology: modular aluminum plates that efficiently conduct the cold .. Various tabletop-size plates are assembled into different configurations to create and displaying the ice works, regardless of the temperatures..


Gordon Holloran at work..



3 comments:

b.c. said...

a really excellent blog, thanks for posting all the beautiful art of our city...

Anonymous said...

Hello Jyoti! I've been visiting your site and I find it really amazing. Your pictures are beautiful and (according to my son, who's translating it and my messages for me) your commentaries are really interesting. Personally, I don't speak English as well as he does. You really must love this city to spend so much time describing it. I'm from Belgium and I also really like Chicago, I've been there a few times already and taken lots of pictures. My daughter-in-law is American, her parents live in Chicago and she and my son also live in the area. I'm going to add a link to your site on my blog! Best regards.

myko said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I just surfed on yours, and particularly the archives of your "photo journal", and I'm really impressed by how diverse and beautiful your pictures are.