Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My first professional assignment





Image 1: Cover-page of Ask Magazine
Image 2: Inner pages with the article "Fun with Mirrors"..

My first professional assignment was published this month in the cover-page of the Ask magazine, February, 2010 issue. "Ask" stands for "arts & science for kids". The photo-shoot was for the article "Fun with Mirrors", and the venue was Chicago's famous Cloud Gate [also known as the "Bean"], at the Millennium Park, which is a "giant fun-house mirror".

My special thanks goes to Karen Kuhn, the Senior Art Director of the magazine, for giving me my first break, even after I explained to her that I was just an amateur. Her trust and encouragement means a lot to me. Also huge thanks to the kids. They were so much fun to work with. In fact "work" is not the right word. It was a fun-filled afternoon with some cheerful, smart kids and yes, I did take some photos too! The kids were having fun with their reflections, especially under the omphalos [or "bellybutton" of the Bean], where they could see themselves upside down, and I was happy clicking the camera, capturing the moments..



Apart from the cover-page [above image], two more photos were published, as shown below.. One was one the inner cover page, and other as an inset on the main article "Fun with Mirrors".





Below are some more photos from the same day..







For more on..
Cloud Gate at the Millennium Park.. click here..

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Wow! Congratulation!
Well deserved and well executed.
Wonderful fun photos.

Word of Mouth said...

Hey Mausi!
The pictures look amazing; congratulations!
Tanu xx

Jyoti said...

Thanks Jenna!

Hi Tanvi!!!
I am so pleased to see you here.
I'm glad you liked the pictures.

akki said...

hi di!!!!
the pics are really very amazin
and we all liked it very much;congrats!

Jyoti said...

Thanks Akki!