Sunday, December 2, 2007
Riverwalk Gateway [Murals V: Three Swing Bridges] - by Ellen Lanyon
Riverwalk Gateway.. Continued from the post, Riverwalk Gateway.. click here..
Mural-V: Three Swing Bridges..
1850: All bridges which replaced those destroyed by the Great Food were wood swing bridges. Three were built over the south branch of the river at Lake, Randolph and Madison streets.
1856: The first iron swing bridge was built at Rush Street.