Monday, February 11, 2013

Desti-Nation: A Haitian Magazine, with article on Dusable



Desti-Nation: A Haitian magazine, with the goal of  promoting Haiti outside;  had story on Jean-Baptiste Pointe duSable. It was a lead story, covered in the center pages of the magazine.  The article "Jean Baptiste Pointe duSable of Haitian descent, Founder of Chicago", was by Marc Arthur Pierre -Louis, and the accompanying photo was an image taken by me!







Here is the magazine center spread.
 
 
 
Cover page of Desti-Nation.
It was in the June-July issue of 2012.
 
The founder-&-Editor of the magazine Erilande Sully had sent me a copy long back.
 
I had lost the copy of the magazine and was very upset about it.  After about 5 months, I found this magazine, yesterday. So I thought, I better scan it and put it in my blog. So here it is!
 
 
Here is my original photo..  click here..
 
 
Bust of Jean Baptiste Pointe DuSable - by Erik Blome
 
 
 
 
For more,  click here..

No comments: