Art Chicago, 2011
CSI stands for Chicago Sculpture International, a non-profit organization, an affiliate of International Sculpture Center.
The CSI, has been associated with Art Chicago, for much more than a gallery for five days of Artropolis extravaganza. They began much earlier and with "Avenue of Sculpture" outdoor exhibit, which will stay on site for about six months..
Some images from installations..
- Day One [10 sculptures installed]..
- Day Two [8 sculptures installed]...
- Day Three & Four [7 sculptures installed]...
- Mount by Terrence Karpowicz..
- Magoo For Lord Buckley - by Ted Garner ...
- Cross Pollination - by Christine Rojek..
- Flappers - by Ruth Aizuss Migdal...
The idea was that each sculpture fits in a 6"x6"x6" box. More than 80 sculptors participated in the show. What I found very interesting was that each of these pieces was like table-top piece, with the potential of large-scale sculpture.
YESss the CSI team ROCKS!!!
Here's more images of celebration at Cityscape Bar, click here..
# Art Chicago, 2011 [Some galleries that complelled me to Stop!]..
# Art Chicago, 2011..
# CSI team at Art Chicago, 2011..
# Interior Installations, Art Chicago, 2011..