Thursday, August 16, 2012

New York: Empire State Bldg.


The Empire State Building
The Empire State Building was designed by William F. Lamb from the architectural firm  Shreve, Lamb and Harmon, which produced the building drawings in just two weeks.
Construction started: 1929
Completed: 1931.
From the Official site of The Empire State Building..click here..
The Empire State Building lobby is one of the few interiors in New York to be designated a historic landmark by the Landmarks Preservation Commission.


Lobby of the Empire State Bldg.

July 2, 2011..
My experience at the Empire State Bldg. was terrible. I entered the bldg. at about 5pm.. and could be at the Observation Deck only by about 9pm. There was full 4 hours of waiting here and there, in this line and that line. I was so disappointed that I never even saw the images.  But since I am reworking on many  of my earlier posts on NY, I thought about going through the images of this bldg. My primary interest is in putting images of the beautiful lobby, in Art Deco style.




The mural of the bldg. in the lobby.








Just above the entery/exit doors are three medallions: Electricity, Masonry and Heating.





Electricity



Masonry


Heating


The details are have not come out in this image. But its a beautiful ceiling.



Some images from the Observation Deck..







RELATED LINKS..
New York City.. click here..
2011: Two weeks of Summer Vacation [Trip to New York City, Washington DC, New Jersey and Philadelphia] ... click here..


No comments: